mothers day

Friday, January 18, 2008

Visitors

was a
I had plenty of visitors yesterday - Kecia came up early in the day to just help - and she did. She was a great nurse and help - and of course she brought Emma to help. Emma just wore herself out entertaining grandma all day - this precious picture was snapped about 6:00 pm - after she had worked hard keeping grandpa Ed and grandma Susan and Aunt Mauri and Aunt Jamie all entertained. She looks so sweet and soft here - which she is.

She also managed to get her outfit changed -from the skin out and her mama's shirt changed too - between pooping and upchukking she keeps life interesting!! Most of the day Emma had a really really stuffy nose and struggled with breathing and was not really happy. Finally, just before Mauri got here, Kecia was able to get enough of the saline drops into her nose to soften the buggers and squegee them out. After that - the smiles and coos and goos just kept coming.

Later on, Shawn and Makae came over to visit too, and also my next door neighbors. Fun and busy day.

I tried too hard yesterday to cut down on the pain meds and really felt it this morning. Ed was going to go back to work today but stayed home an extra day because he was afraid I would have a problem and be all alone. I got back on the medications though and finally felt up to having a nice long shower this afternoon. Doing good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't had a chance to blog about this yet (but I will), but you really did wear Emma out. She slept from 7:30 to 10:30 (when I forced her awake to feed her) and then from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am!!! and then she ate for like 10 minutes and she was out for another four hours! I loved it!