Wednesday, November 7, 2007
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then go to their blogs and leave them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
I agree with Dirk - I don't know six more people that have blogs...so I will post my answers but I'm not tagging anyone!! By the way Dirk - maybe Jamie and Kecia and I will list six of your well known facts and habits!! HAH !! That would be fun! the first fact (about you) would be that you met your mom at Denneys on your honeymoon - 11pm at night he leaves his wife at the hotel and meets his mother at Denneys !! Now there is a fun story!!
Okay - about me
1. Travel - since you've all been reading my travelog you already know I love to travel with my husband. He travels alot with his work and I get to tag a long quite often. This trip to Florida though was my first since the infamous New York trip in April but even if we aren't flying some where exotic we still leave town quite often to go camping (really roughing it in our 29 foot toy hauler with our two four wheelers). We have been to Hawaii many many times and still want to go again. I think our next big trip will be a two week trip to Germany in 2008 or 2009. We know we will be going to Hawaii (Maui) again in October of 2009 with MTC - yeah!!
2. Genealogy - I have been very involved in genealogy for the last 15 years however right now I am tired of it!! I know - repent repent. I do indexing almost daily for the church and love it but I need to start digging for missing ancestors again. I also need to get to work on Willden.org again but I think that is gonna be put off till after Christmas. Maybe when Ed and I fly to New York again in December we can finish looking for the elusive Wileys - Newburgh has some great old cemeteries!
3. Family - this should be #1 on my list since it is #1 in my heart. I have five precious children and five wonderful children in laws. #10 grandbaby will probably be born in the next day or two and I love them all dearly. We are blessed to have everyone within an hours drive of our home so we get together often. I keep telling Ed we need a bigger home - so that when everyone comes over its not such a crush. But we have fun!
4. Crafts - Right now I get to make six flower headdresses for Dirk and Da's six nieces. Melinda's brother Sam is getting married on the 16th of this month and I just bought all the ivy and sparkly's and ribbons and flowers to make them. I have done some or all of the flowers for all of my kids' s weddings - making great memories while I was at it. The first bridal bouquet I had ever made was for Kristanne - after I had it finished and she was telling me how much she loved it I told her that I had never made one before!! She almost panicked and then looked at what she was holding in her hands and grinned and said - you could have fooled me!
5. Reading - I love to read - fantasy, romance, murder mysteries - you name it I love it. In just the last couple of years Ed has finally discovered what a wonderful world is available between the covers of a book and its been so fun to share books and authors with each other. I thought for many years that Shawn and Dirk turned me on to fantasy novels through Anne McCaffrey's dragon books but as I look back through the years I remember going to the Kaysville Library very regularly as a sixth grader and devouring all of the Wizard Of Oz books - Frank Baum must have written at least 60 or 70 of them and I bet I read them all when I was 12 years old.
6. Shopping - I have to be honest - I love to shop and I love to find a good bargain. I think back on the years money was soooo tight - I mean Ed was a school teacher for heavens sake - and then we joined the army with three kids as a PFC! And added the twins while we were in Texas. I now find when Ed is out of town and I get bored I head to the mall!! And anyone that was at Kecia's baby shower knows I got carried awake with pink cute things. But other than her blessing dress everything was on sale!! and a good sale at that.
Well - that's me - I am blessed to have a terrific family and a husband that I love more than ever - even after 40 years! I have the Gospel in my life and it brings me such joy. My health is good - I am happy and I am loved!