mothers day

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Wishes

This holiday season has been very dear to my heart. I have had a chance to contemplate the birth of our Savior and all that He has done for me - and for you. This holy birth was the beginning of the most marvelous and wonderful life ever seen on this earth. The suffering, the crucifixion, the resurrection of Christ did happen and I am so thankful for it. I am thankful for a loving Father in Heaven that allowed his son to come to earth to teach us and show us a life of love and giving - and yes, even the pain and agony that came with his death. Both our Father in Heaven and our brother, Jesus, knew that there had to be a way to allow us to come back to Them in the end - and so the events unfolded. Everyone complains about the selfishness and the materialism of the Christmas Season - I don't look at it that way - I find that the Christmas Season allows me to think more of others - especially those I love. It gives me a chance for my heart to grow a little larger. I love the music, I love the lights, I love the gifts!! I even love it when someone wishes me a Happy Holiday - I simply thank them and wish THEM a Merry Christmas.


Take a moment and appreciate the beauty of the ecard that Ashland University has prepared. Let the Light of Christ feel your hearts this Christmas Season ... and all year long. I love you.

http://ecard.ashland.edu/index.php?ecardYear=2004adm

2 comments:

Kristanne said...

I agree the Christmas season is wonderful. The santa and materialism doesn't bug me, because I just know that I am giving to make others happy. My kids seem to get it most of the time too. I also think most of the world gets it.

And best of all it is a time when everyone seems to be kinder, ad more intent on good will.

Melinda said...

Merry Christmas to you too.